What to expect from a full-service photographer:
You are guided through every part of the process, from your pre-session consultation to receiving your finished prints and premium products delivered personally to your home or office. You will receive a completely personalised and customised service to meet your needs as every family and family situation is different and unique. I will find out as much as I can about who you are, what you are wanting, and customise your portrait session (with your input) to reflect your family’s personality. You will also have help with choosing products that will suit the decor in your home and assist you with styling your session to complement your home’s style. Part of my service is to provide you with fine art products for you to proudly display in your home.
Why you’d want to work with me
- I’m also a parent. I am a mother of two, a little boy and girl who are the loves of my life. I know how important my children are to me, and how important your children are to you.
- You are working with a professional photographer that has undergone a rigorous process with the Australian Institute of Professional Photographers to become accredited. This means that you can have confidence that you are dealing with a professional who practices legally, professionally and who is experienced and technically capable of providing you with the best service and photographs.
- I am a photographer who wants to devote as much time as possible to her clients. Therefore, I run my business full-time.
- You are working with someone who loves receiving amazing customer service. I aim to give amazing customer service in any way I can!
- I am a lover of kids of all ages. It’s important to respect children and to work within their limitations. It’s also important to not try and force anything out of children that they don’t necessarily want to give and let them be. Using this method, children will eventually give enough to produce some beautiful, natural-looking images that will allow their personalities to shine through without making the process feel uncomfortable for them.
- I use natural light and outdoor locations to create stunning imagery that incorporates our beautiful parks and bushland. I also offer in-home sessions too and can use the natural light in your home to create light-filled images of your family in the comfort of your home.
What will you receive?
You’ll receive gorgeous finished art in the form of premium prints and products sourced from industry-leading professional labs. Each vendor is carefully selected for lasting quality. You will be guided on what products and sizes will look best in your home. You will never be handed a disk or USB and be expected to finish the job yourself although all my clients that invest in premium products also receive high-resolution digital files for their peace of mind.
Wall art & wall clusters
Not only is displaying beautiful artwork of your family on the walls in your home a great way to decorate, showing your children just how important they are to you by displaying their smiling faces on your walls will do wonders for their self-esteem and sense of belonging. Hang one big piece or many smaller pieces to tell a story. I will work with you to give you many ideas using the images we’ve taken from your session to design mockups to help you make your decisions.
Customisable storybook albums
One of my favourite things to do with my children is to look through our family albums together before bedtime. They tell the story of your family and how much you love each other. These storybook albums are gorgeous and designed with little fingers in mind. They have thick card pages, easy to wipe clean and have a lay-flat design. Covered in your choice of linen or Italian leather with many different colours to choose from.
What’s a portrait session like?
You might be feeling stressed. Having your family portrait taken, whether this is your first, second or fifth time, is stressful! You’re not sure if your partner will be completely on board, or if the kids will behave themselves.
Let me take care of those concerns, the session will feel more like a date with you and your kids, where Dad will be hugging and throwing his munchkins around, that’s when he’s not being tackled and tickled. And whether the kids will sit still and behave themselves? They probably won’t! But kids aren’t supposed to sit still, they want to have fun and run and be chased, believe me, I am up to the task! They will look at me, their eyes will go wide as they realise ‘an adult who plays!’
I may not be the family photographer for everyone, I don’t obsessively situate and pose each member of the family, wait for everyone to look at me, smile and click my camera. Yes, we will get a couple of posed, smiling at the camera pictures, but my true aim is to capture you as you are, and who you are as a family, catching moments of love and connection as you laugh and squeeze, smooch and tickle one another. We will capture real moments of connection, not just a smiling face.
With a pre-session consultation before your session, we can go over any questions you have. I can guide you on what to wear, what activities to bring to help engage your children and help ease any concerns you or your partner might have. More importantly, I can guide you in making decisions with how to decorate your homes and walls.
Portrait sessions include:
- A pre-session consultation;
- Your portrait session;
- Editing of all images including colour correction, exposure adjustments, spot removal, and sharpening;
- Your gallery reveal/order session with selection of fine art albums, wall art, prints or folio boxes to choose from;
- Delivery of your finished artwork to your door.
When can I book myself in?
Outdoor sessions are held on weekends in the couple of hours before sunset.*
At Home Sessions are held from 10am-3pm weekends or on Tuesday or Wednesday’s.
*If your family is a young one and you have small children, we will arrange a time that suits little one’s bedtimes. Otherwise, to take advantage of the best available light, your portrait session will be held late afternoon. To ensure you secure your preferred time, be sure to contact me four weeks in advance.
Click below for more information on your preferred session.
Some words from families who have already been through the experience.
“Stephanie was just brilliant – both her photos and her professionalism. The photos were exactly what we wanted, unstaged and highlighting the natural landscape around us.” – Lisa
“I am so glad that we had Steph to take our gorgeous maternity pictures. Her ideas are new and fresh and instead of fake smiles I was full of laughter. It was a fantastic afternoon and the photos are impressive. Thank you Steph, for your ideas & guidance. Can’t wait for you to take more pictures of Baby Jake.” – Noni