What to expect from working with me
Hey there! I’m so glad you’ve checked out this page because I am going to tell you everything you can expect to get when you work with me!
First things first, you will be guided through every part of the process.
We will sit down together at your home or at a coffee place or somewhere, wherever is most convenient to you. At this session, I will take you through all of the products you might be interested in, how much they cost, I will ask you questions about what you want, how you want to display your pictures… We talk about the why, who, where, what and when of your session details and we also just sit and get to know each other, because I believe you will be so much more relaxed with someone you know and like taking your photos, than someone you just met. And having gotten to know you better, your photos are going to reflect who you are more too.
Your session will be more like a date with your family. Some fun time in the park, or me just documenting you at home doing what you do. I get you to interact with your family in fun and playful ways, and I just happen to be taking a photo of all the fun and playfulness.
Then comes the fun part! About a week or two after your session you will get to see your photos for the first time. I will be there to help you through selecting your favourites and working out exactly how you want to display them.
Once your order is placed, I work quickly to get it all together, and you can expect me to deliver these to your home within six weeks.
Why you’d want to work with me
- I’m also a parent. I am a mother of two, a little boy and girl who are the loves of my life. I know how important my children are to me, and how important your children are to you.
- My first goal in capturing photos of families is to capture the love and connection, so my sessions are very fun and playful and I get you interacting rather than posing.
- You are working with a professional photographer that has undergone a rigorous process with the Australian Institute of Professional Photographers to become accredited. This means that you can have confidence that you are dealing with a professional who practices legally, professionally and who is experienced and technically capable of providing you with the best service and photographs.
- I am a photographer who wants to devote as much time as possible to her clients. Therefore, I run my business full-time.
- You are working with someone who loves receiving amazing customer service. I aim to give amazing customer service in any way I can!
- I am a lover of kids of all ages. It’s important to respect children and to work within their limitations. It’s also important to not try and force anything out of children that they don’t necessarily want to give and let them be. Using this method, children will eventually give enough to produce some beautiful, natural-looking images that will allow their personalities to shine through without making the process feel uncomfortable for them.
- I use natural light and outdoor locations to create stunning imagery that incorporates our beautiful parks and bushland. I also offer in-home sessions too and can use the natural light in your home to create light-filled images of your family in the comfort of your home.
What do I offer?
You’ll receive gorgeous finished art in the form of premium prints and products sourced from industry-leading professional labs. Each vendor is carefully selected for lasting quality. You will be guided on what products and sizes will look best in your home. You will never be handed a disk or USB and be expected to finish the job yourself although all my clients that invest in premium products also receive high-resolution digital files for their peace of mind.
WALL ART & WALL CLUSTERS
Not only is displaying beautiful artwork of your family on the walls in your home a great way to decorate, showing your children just how important they are to you by displaying their smiling faces on your walls will do wonders for their self-esteem and sense of belonging. Hang one big piece or many smaller pieces to tell a story. I will work with you to give you many ideas using the images we’ve taken from your session to design mockups to help you make your decisions.
One of my favourite things to do with my children is to look through our family albums together before bedtime. They tell the story of your family and how much you love each other. These storybook albums are gorgeous and designed with little fingers in mind. They have thick card pages, easy to wipe clean and have a lay-flat design. Covered in your choice of linen or Italian leather with many different colours to choose from. And if you’ve ever spent hours designing your own photobooks, then I’ve got good news for you. I will do it for you! You will get to see a pre-designed album at your photo reveal for you to consider and if you love it, we can make some small tweaks and changes right there and then. Easy-peasy.
FOLIO ART BOXES AND MATTED ART PRINTS
This is a very versatile option because you get a box filled with fifteen beautifully matted art prints which you can display on easels around your home, give as gifts to family members, pop into a frame to hang on your wall. And it comes with a custom made box to safely store the pictures too.
This might be all you’re after, or you might want to include a couple of extra prints for family members to your order, either is okay! I offer print sizes 8×12 and under in any size you want, so if you already have a frame that you want to fill, then I will be able to match the exact dimensions you need.
These are most definitely an option and there are three options for how you’d like to purchase them. You can purchase them by themselves without product. You can invest in product and will be gifted some files depending on how much you spend. Or you can opt to purchase the entire collection of photos (about 40-50 images) at a discounted rate when you buy a folio art box and matted prints/albums and/or wall art.
What’s a portrait session like?
The portrait session will feel more like a date with you and your kids, where Dad will be hugging and throwing his munchkins around, that’s when he’s not being tackled and tickled. And whether the kids will sit still and behave themselves? They probably won’t! But kids aren’t supposed to sit still, they want to have fun and run and be chased, believe me, I am up to the task! They will look at me, their eyes will go wide as they realise ‘an adult who plays!’
Now, I may not be the family photographer for everyone, I don’t obsessively situate and pose each member of the family, wait for everyone to look at me, smile and click my camera. Yes, we will get a couple of posed, smiling at the camera pictures, but my true aim is to capture you as you are, and who you are as a family, catching moments of love and connection as you laugh and squeeze, smooch and tickle one another. We will capture real moments of connection, not just a smiling face.
With a pre-session consultation before, we can go over any questions you have. I can guide you on what to wear, what activities to bring to help engage your children and help ease any concerns you or your partner might have. More importantly, I can guide you in making decisions with how to decorate your homes and walls.
Booking a portrait session with me also includes:
- A pre-session consultation;
- Fun games for your children to play, and ensuring we get awesome smiles and giggles and photos of you just loving on your children;
- Editing of all images including colour correction, exposure adjustments, spot removal, and sharpening;
- Your gallery reveal/order session with selection of fine art albums, wall art, prints or folio boxes to choose from;
- Delivery of your finished artwork to your home.
When can I book myself in?
I open session availability three months in advance and give the people on my mailing list the first opportunity to book their sessions, as well as $100 credit! So make sure you are on there to get notified! My most popular times of year are April, May, November and December.
Outdoor sessions are held on weekends in the couple of hours before sunset.*
At Home Sessions are held from 10am-3pm weekends or on Monday’s and Tuesday’s.
*If your family is a young one and you have small children, we will arrange a time that suits little one’s bedtimes. Otherwise, to take advantage of the best available light, your portrait session will be held late afternoon.
Fill in the contact form below and I’ll be in touch soon to have a chat with you.
Some words from families who have already been through the experience.
“Stephanie was just brilliant – both her photos and her professionalism. The photos were exactly what we wanted, unstaged and highlighting the natural landscape around us.” – Lisa
“I am so glad that we had Steph to take our gorgeous maternity pictures. Her ideas are new and fresh and instead of fake smiles I was full of laughter. It was a fantastic afternoon and the photos are impressive. Thank you Steph, for your ideas & guidance. Can’t wait for you to take more pictures of Baby Jake.” – Noni